- All full time undergraduate students (12 credit hours‚ 6 summer credit hours)
- All full time graduate students in the Graduate College and School of Public Health (9 credit hours‚ 5 summer credit hours)
- All full time students in the College of Pharmacy‚ College of Dentistry‚ Doctorate of Physical Therapy‚ & College of Medicine that are assessed student fees (12 credit hours‚ 6 summer credit hours)
- Students in some fee-paying special programs.
- For Fall 2020, UIC entered into an experimental pilot program with CTA to add eligibility for certain part-time students (6 credit hours or more)
Students who do not meet the minimum credit hour requirement are NOT eligible nor are they assessed the fee.
Students in other special programs that do not charge student fees are not eligible for the U-PASS program‚ nor are they assessed the fee.